Saturday, April 13, 2013

Twenties From Heaven

A few weeks ago, I thought it odd when I found a neatly folded, crisp $20 bill at the bottom of my purse. Odd because I'm not one to throw money or loose change in my purse. Ever. I immediately insert the flat (never folded) cash in my wallet, taking care to even file the bills in order of value.  I also hang my house and car keys in the exact same spot every day. Yes, I might have a few OCD habits.

Still, I didn't give the rogue $20 bill another thought. It was a nice surprise, even by way of its mysterious appearance.

But the other day I was rummaging through my handbag and whoa,whoa, whoa! There it was again. Another crisp $20 bill lying neatly folded on the bottom of my purse, underneath my wallet and sunglass case.

Now this time I was perplexed.

Bear in mind, I keep an incredibly tidy purse (okay, OCD habit #3). No balled up of wads of tissues or expired coupons. No crusty powder compacts, ratty notebooks or spare readers. No rancid lipsticks, fuzzy Lifesavers, stale perfume samples, crumpled maps or faded photos. I take what I need and need what I take: wallet, iPhone, sunglasses, lip gloss, small bottle of hand sanitizer (OCD habit #4) and that's it. Period.

Plus, my purse is never left unattended (gulp: OCD habit #5). And why would someone randomly drop money in an unattended purse anyway? It's not like I hang out with benevolent rich folk who go around doling out $20 for the heck of it. Besides, my pals are more likely to spring for sushi, a nice Italian dinner, or a chocolate martini. They aren't ones to flick a bill in my direction and drawl, "Go treat yourself to something purdy."

Mind you, I'm not complaining about these mysterous cash offerings, I'm just stumped. If not a little richer.

2 comments:

Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

Oh? Maybe there are some $20 bill seeds that grew in your handbag?
Purrs

Love This Space said...

All hail the magic purse!

Mine seems to eat money. *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...