My broken toe finally got the best of me. It's too swollen to comfortably fit in a closed shoe, sandles don't offer much support, and trust me, dogs don't care about busted extremeties. Olivia eagerly anticipates her daily walks and I can't bear to disappoint her, knowing how much my playful pup enjoys this simple pleasure.And so, I hobbled to Kaiser's Minor Injury Clinic to pick up a cast shoe-- yup, the Dork Shoe.
The Dork Shoe technician fit me with one size. Too small. My toes hung over the edge, like Godzilla trying to squeeze his boats into a strappy Gucci. But the next size up was too large, with almost two inches of sole to spare above my freshly painted toes.
"You're an in-between size," he said. "Too small isn't comfortable and you may trip with the larger size and further injure yourself."
"How about a men's shoe?" I asked. To which the young man gave me a sheepish grin. "Uh, I didn't want to tell you," he smirked, "but this IS the men's shoe." I heard the other technician snicker.
Talk about adding insult to injury. Fine! I limped off with the larger size. I may be in danger of tripping, but what the heck.
At least my Godzilla's paw will look petite.
No comments:
Post a Comment